- Information Collected Through the Websites
- Our Use of Your Personal Data and Other Information
- Our Disclosure of your Personal Data and Other Information
- External Links
- Third Party Ad Services
- Other Terms and Conditions
- Contacting the Websites
2. Information Collected Through the website. We collect Personal Data through the websites when you voluntarily chose to provide us with such Personal Data. CAD collects Personal Data from our users at several different points on the websites. Such types of information, and the points at which they are collected, include:
A. Registration. Our websites' optional registration system may require users to provide various Personal Data, such as their name and e-mail address, ZIP code, sex, age or income level. Such contact information is used to contact the user when necessary. Users may also choose (opt-in) to subscribe to newsletters (as further explained in the choice/opt-in section below).
B. Surveys and Questionnaires. Our online surveys and questionnaires may ask users for contact and demographic information. The user's Personal Data is used to contact the user when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings (as further explained in the choice/opt-in section below). Personal Data requested as part of a survey or questionnaire might, for instance, include name, email address, ZIP code, sex, age or income level, as well as health-related information.
C. Contests. We may run contests on our website in which we ask users for certain Personal Data, as well as demographic information. The user's Personal Data is used to contact the user when necessary. Users may choose to receive future mailings (as further explained in the choice/opt-in section below). Personal Data requested as part of a contest might, for instance, include name, email address, ZIP code, sex, and age or income level.
D. Demographics. We receive and store certain types of information whenever users interact with our webites. CAD automatically receives and records information on our server logs from users' browsers including IP addresses, CAD cookie information, and the page requested.
Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to the websites and its components, similar to TV ratings that indicate how many people watched a particular show. CAD only uses this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify a user personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how often users access parts of the website so that we can make the websites appealing to as many users as possible, and improve the content. This information may be shared with advertisers and other third parties on an aggregated basis, but it does not indicate the identity of individual users.
Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While CAD will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
E. IP Addresses. An IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. All computer identification on the Internet is conducted with IP addresses, which allow computers and servers to recognize and communicate with each other. Through the websites, we collect IP addresses in order to conduct system administration, report aggregate information to sponsors and advertisers, and to conduct website analysis. If a user requests pages from the websites, our servers enter the visitor's IP address into a log. To maintain visitor anonymity, we do not associate IP addresses with records containing Personal Data.
C. Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties. CAD, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions. We may use third party companies to provide mailing services, database maintenance and payment processing. When you register for the website, we will share your Personal Data, such as your e-mail address, as necessary for the third party to provide such services. Those third parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
Other than the agents, consultants and related third parties described above, CAD will not share, rent, or trade Personal Data with any third parties for their promotional purposes.
D. Legal Requirements. We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Data as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us or our website.
CAD may also disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) protect and defend the rights or property of CAD, (ii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the websites or the public, or (iii) protect against legal liability.
E. Consent. Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Data may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
F. If you no longer desire our service, you may contact us to change or stop a subscription.
5. External Links. In order to provide users with greater value, our website may provide links to various third party websites. However, even if a third-party affiliation exists between that website and that destination website, we do not exercise authority over these linked websites, each of which maintains independent privacy and data collection policies and procedures. We do not assume responsibility or liability for these independent methods or actions and are not responsible for the independent policies or procedures of destination websites. Similarly, we cannot take responsibility for the privacy initiatives or the content of such websites. These links to third party websites are provided only for your convenience, and as such, you access them at your own risk. However, we wish to ensure the integrity of the websites and their destination links, so any comments pertaining to the websites or any websites accessed through these links are greatly appreciated.
If you use a forum, blog or chat room on websites, you should be aware that any Personal Data you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
9. Security. We employ reasonable security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the Personal Data under our control. We employ strict security measures to safeguard online transactions, including usernames and passwords. Personal Data is stored in a secured database and always sent via an encrypted Internet channel. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the websites may not be secure. Therefore, you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
ALL CONTENT PROVIDED ON THESE WEB SITES IS GENERAL IN NATURE AND IS PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
© 2009 Liz Goldner. All Rights Reserved.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy at this website, please send us a detailed message through our "Contact Us" link below. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.